Saturday, September 27, 2014

The First Year...

I think I have possibly picked THE most expensive first year in "budget travel" EVER.

Unfortunately, I have my heart set on learning to dive in Fiji so, it's off to Fiji I plan to go. I then tell myself: "Self, if you are going to be in Fiji anyway, why then look here at the Google... American Samoa is just a hop, skip and a jump to the right. Oh! lookey there, just off the port bow that's the island nation of Tonga. Oooh oooh and the Cook Islands and wuddya know there's French Polynesia..." on and on the self rambles until my first year of unplanned, now planned, travel looks like THIS:

(click to enlarge)


From everything I have read: slow, deliberate, overland travel is best for stretching the budget. Here's hoping for some fishing boats and cheap island-hopping puddle jumpers. Let's recap, shall we?
 
Start date
September/October 2015

Country roll call & approx. length in that country:

Fiji 
  (3 weeks, to decompress from 9-5 life)
American Samoa 
  (1 week)
Tonga 
  (1 week)
French Polynesia(Bora Bora & Tahiti) 
  (1 week)
Cook Islands 
  (few days)
New Zealand 
  (3 weeks)
Australia 
  (1-2 months or forever)
P.N.Guinea 
  (depends on the cannibals)
Indonesia 
  (dunno yet, what is IN Indonesia?)
Philippines
  (auntie Vicki says there are bugs here)
Malaysia
Singapore 
  (rapidly loosing track of time)
Vietnam
Cambodia 
  (is a year long enough for all this?)
                  
Well, there you are. Now I need to start reading up on my history, geography and wow-thats-COOL stuff to be seen in these places. Does anyone wanna check out for a while and go with me??


No comments:

Post a Comment